The Apple iPhone 6S has improved speed everywhere (new processor, faster wireless, quicker Touch ID sensor); a sturdier body; better front and rear cameras; a bold new 3D Touch pressure-sensitive display that could end up being a really useful tool in apps down the road, and which already offers new iOS shortcuts.
A breakthrough design. Pushed even further
Innovation isn’t always obvious to the eye, but look a little closer at iPhone 6S and you’ll find it’s been fundamentally improved. The enclosure is made from a new alloy of 7 Series aluminum — the same grade used in the aerospace industry. The cover glass is the strongest, most durable glass used in any smartphone.
The power of iOS 10
iOS 10 is the most advanced, intelligent, and secure mobile operating system in the world. Powerful new built-in apps, advanced features in Siri, and enhancements throughout the system make it smarter and more essential than ever. Deep integration with Apple hardware makes everything work together beautifully. And the App Store is full of incredible apps that have been tailored to take advantage of what iPhone is capable of.
The moment you use iPhone 6S, you know you’ve never felt anything like it. With a single press, 3D Touch lets you do more than ever before. Live Photos bring your memories to life in a powerfully vivid way. And that’s just the beginning. Take a deeper look at iPhone 6s, and you’ll find innovation on every level.
Capture your moments with the 12Mp Camera
The world’s most popular camera is more advanced than ever. The 8-megapixel iSight camera captures sharp, detailed photos. It takes brilliant 4K video, up to four times the resolution of 18p HD video. iPhone 6S also takes selfies worthy of a self-portrait with the new 5-megapixel FaceTime HD camera. And it introduces Live Photos, a new way to relive your favorite memories. It captures the moments just before and after your picture and sets it in motion with just the press of a finger.
- Retina HD display with 3D Touch
- 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen
- Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- OS: A9 chip with 64-bit architecture
- Embedded M9 motion coprocessor
- CPU : Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based)
- GPU : PowerVR GX6450 (quad-core graphics)
- Fingerprint sensor built into the Home button
- Internal 64GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3
- Primary: 12MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, check quality
- Features: 1/3″ sensor size, 1.5 µm pixel size, touch focus, geo-tagging, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 1080p@60fps, 720p@240fps, check quality
- Secondary :5MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Alert types: Vibration, proprietary ringtones
- 3.5mm jack
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- iBeacon microlocation
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.9 Wh)
- Stand-by: Up to 250 h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 14 h (3G)
- Music play: Up to 50 h